Welcome to the United States:
Begin your journey to United States Citizenship through Naturalization
Contact us for assistance!
General Eligibility Requirements
- Be at least 18 years old at the time you file Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
- Be a permanent resident (have a “Green Card”) for at least 5 years.
- Demonstrate continuous residence in the United States for at least 5 years immediately before the date you file Form N-400.
- Show that you have been physically present in the United States for at least 30 months out of the 5 years immediately before the date you file Form N-400.
- Show that you have lived for at least 3 months in the state or USCIS district where you apply. Students may apply for naturalization either where they go to school or where their family lives (if they are still financially dependent on their parents).
- Be a person of good moral character.
- Demonstrate an attachment to the principles and ideals of the U.S. Constitution.
- Be able to read, write, and speak basic English.
- Have a basic understanding of U.S. history and government (civics).
- Take an oath of allegiance to the United States.
Watch this USCIS Naturalization Interview and Test Video
This is a 16-minute video that provides an overview of the naturalization process and testing requirements.
These are scenes from the naturalization interview, including the English and U.S. history and government (civics)
portions of the naturalization test that serves as a guide.
Additional information can be found on the United States Citizenship and Immigration Website.
Photos/images may be copyrighted . WVI does not have ownership to these images.