We empower lives and change circumstances.
We intend to raise awareness in our local area as well as worldwide to the gaps that persist in the lives of newcomers. Our organization works to eliminate lack related to basic needs. Sometimes it is as simple as showing them where to find a jar of peanut butter in the supermarket, where and how to shop economically. They do know 'peanut butter', but it is in a strange container and the name is written in a language (English) other than their own. In addition, we provide training, workshops, and support that assists newcomers to gain employment; improve life and soft skills, as well as improve access to resources related to education, housing, health and wellness.
How you can help?
Why should you give?
- To support a cause.
- To be the change you wish to see in the world
- To build up the human capital in your community
- To assist someone in need
- Social and professional networking opportunities
Ways you can make a DIFFERENCE through volunteer opportunities
- What are your skills? Are you people-oriented?
- Volunteer at events, workshops, and/or fundraising activities: See Events Page
- Teach English to families with limited English skills.
- Become a Speaker, a Mentor, or an Advocate - tell others why you care.
- Sponsor a child or a family.
- Donate - gently used clothes and household items.
Can't drop it off? Call Us at 517-481-5727
Window Treatments Pots & Pans Sofas Toiletries
Bed Linens Dishes Chairs Clothing
Towels Glassware Tables Shoes & Boots