CENTER FOR CULTURAL EMPOWERMENT
Literacy for Leaders Keyboard / Reading Classes
Thanks and appreciation to our sponsors and donors who have made this initiative a success, namely: Microsoft Office 365, Baker College Flint, and a host of other donors, who wish to remain anonymous.
The Woven Vessels International Ministry and the Center for Cultural Empowerment was awarded the honor and opportunity to try out Microsoft's 365 most trusted communication and collaboration products until 2028, all brought together online. We look forward to partnering with Microsoft Office 365 as they help reduce costs and provide greater value through these services.
Baker College Flint donated 31 gently used computers.
Our goal is to create an after school program that would provide relevant application and practices unique to each individual's learning curve. The program would allow students to strengthen learning and build confidence based on their accomplishment.
Our community is a “melting pot” and residents represent various continents. The Lansing School District serves students who speak more than 200 languages. The campus of Michigan State University has a tremendous number of immigrants and resettled students with varied languages attending classes. We partner with the Department of Learning Services and the Department of African Studies at the university, as well as the Greater Lansing Literacy Coalition, who are committed to assisting with English as a Second Language (ESL) and translation in various settings.
Organizations that are committed to bridging the gaps are essential. Partnerships are limitless it is important to tap into the resources to assist as many newcomers as possible. Become a Sponsor!
Education and Training
Literacy for Leaders - Coming Soon!
Tech Skills Lab - A FREE 6-week Microsoft Word Basics and keyboard typing course
There will be other trainings in the form of Workshops and face-to face classes: focusing on mini sessions - covering well defined topics, that target specific challenges newcomers are faced with on a daily basis.
- Participants will work in small groups to develop confidence, and independence, as well as a feeling of community.
- Each participant will be assisted to ensure maximum 'voluntary' benefits by encouraging participation based on needs and suggestions- what the situation is now and what would make it better....
- Build consistency and create an environment for learning.
- WVI's goal is to offer a computer lab for English as a Second Language (ESL) speakers incorporating language learning programs to further improve ESL and comprehension levels.
- Collaborate with other agencies in order to offer the highest level of assistance (without duplication of effort) to promote excellence for all students as well as adults.
Official sponsor until March, 2028